Saturday, February 21, 2015

Proud Mom Moments

This is one of my all-time favorite photos of Matthew and Peter.
Summer of 2006 - Do they remind you of anyone?
I have very high expectations for myself and my children. I want them to grow up to be polite, respectful, considerate, and motivated adults. All of the boys help around the house and on the ranch. Matthew and Peter are expected to work hard in school and always strive to do the right thing. I have to admit, all four boys live up to these standards and make Toby and I proud every single day.

Despite their successes, I am not great at giving out compliments. It is something I need to work on so the boys know how proud we are of them. This week, I was reminded of how lucky we are to have such fantastic children.

On Monday night, I received the following text from a friend:

"Just bragging on your Peter. He is so sweet to Rocco at wrestling. Rocco totally looks up to him! Good job raising that one Mama!"

Less than an hour later, a different friend posted a video of Peter helping a classmate at wrestling practice with this comment:

"Your son is soo good with helping other kids. He takes the time to show them how to do the moves that they don't know. Such a big heart."

On Wednesday, I received the following email from one of Matthew's teachers:

"What a great kid! I have been promoting the "Zumbathon" to help out the Reed family. Today before class, Matthew walked up to me with $9 of his own. I asked him what it was for. His response, "I am not going to make it, but want to donate money." WOW!! WOW!! No other teenager would think of doing something so selfless."

Each of these comments made my heart burst with pride! We truly have amazing sons!
 photo signature_zps4ef342e5.png

No comments :

Post a Comment