Saturday, August 7, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

When I had Matthew, my Aunt Bev made me the most amazing receiving blankets and burp rags. One might think that receiving blankets and burp rags are fairly generic and cannot be that special. I thought the same thing until I had a baby. Aunt Bev's receiving blankets are special because they are larger than a traditional receiving blanket which is a bonus if you have large babies! Although they are larger, they are not too bulky. The burp rags are amazing because of their size and shape. They are shaped similar to a kidney bean so they fit perfectly over a shoulder.

Well, after two babies and 8 1/2 years of use, I decided that I would make new receiving blankets and burp rags. So, in the last few weeks of my pregnancy I made the receiving blankets and burp rags below.






After making the receiving blankets and burp rags, I had some fabric remaining. I decided to make the quilt below with the fabric. This quilt differs from the receiving blankets because it has a border, binding, batting, etc. and has been machine quilted. This is the first quilt I have made since my 4-H days. With a little Quilting 101 refresher course and help from Aunt Bev, I was able to create a quilt that I am very proud of. The project below was not planned and arose simply because I was enjoying sewing so much; however, I have to admit that it is my favorite! Now, I just need a sewing room so I don't have to use my dining room table for my quilting projects! 

4 comments :

  1. Everything turned out awesome! I am thoroughly impressed with your sewing skills... I think mine are limited to fixing buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, because I HATE fixing buttons. You can fix my broken buttons and I will do your sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is seriously amazing. I absolutly love the green one with the yellow back. Such cute material. My mother in law does most of my sewing projects for me. I let her sew and if she makes a mistake I get to rip the seams. That is what I think I am best at from my 4-H days. Rip and Stitch! I am amazed at how ambitous you are. You get so many neat projects done.

    ReplyDelete