Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crocheting

When I was on bed rest with Joseph, I quickly became very bored. As a result, I was anxious to find ways to pass the time, and one can only watch so much television! So, I decided to start crocheting again. I learned how to crochet from Grandma Barbara when I was young and always enjoyed the end product. In the past, I have made stocking hats, scarves, and other projects. When I was teaching sixth grade, I also taught my entire class how to crochet. As a class, we created hot pads for Christmas gifts and scarves for the Special Olympics.

Since babies were on my mind, I found some fun crocheting patterns for baby hats and headbands online. In addition, I found a pattern for a cute baby blanket which is crocheted on one side and cotton fabric on the other side. While on bed rest, I created the crocheted side for two baby blankets, and in the past few days I layered the cotton fabric on top, added a satin binding, and tied the two layers together. Today, I shipped the two blankets to their new homes! I think they turned out nicely! The crocheted side is very soft because I used soft baby yarn. The blankets are versatile because they are not only warm but the crocheted side creates a nice cushion to lay a baby on. 



I also crocheted a headband and attached a crocheted flower.
I tried it on Joseph to make sure it was the correct size before sending it.
Isn't he cute!

3 comments :

  1. bahahahaha! Looks to me like you need to little girl in the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blankets look great! Love the brown on the pink. However, I am not so sure if Baby Joe is going to appreciate that picture in the future :)

    ReplyDelete