Monday, June 28, 2010

The Woman

Setting: Dining room table eating dinner as a family.

Matthew: "Mom, would you please get me a nice cold glass of ice water?"

Me: "Matthew, I just sat down to eat dinner with the rest of you. Why don't you get up and get yourself a nice cold glass of ice water?"

Peter: "Yah Matthew, The Woman doesn't have to do everything!"

Toby and I started laughing hysterically.

I am proud that Peter stood up for his mother; however, I am not sure I like the label "The Woman" . . .

2 comments :

  1. You will definitely need Peter to stand up for you once you have another boy on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do they always want something the minute you sit down? We had something like this happen the other day when I told Braxton to do it himself he said "but mom that's your job." BOYS.... I am so glad you started your blog.

    ReplyDelete